Monday, August 01, 2011


Monica Recommends . . .

A number of you mentioned that you liked getting recommendations from authors on other books/authors. I will try to find a regular place to update this list--either on FB (if I ever get there, LOL) or maybe on Goodreads (ditto). If I can figure out how to put it in a sidebar on blogger, I'll do that, too.

Here are some of my all time favorite authors (and I'm SURE I'm forgetting some):
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Julie Garwood
Shannon McKenna
Julia Quinn
Lisa Kleypas (historicals)
Linda Howard
Cindy Gerard
Karen Robards
Rachel Gibson
Marsha Canham
Judith McNaught


Also favorites (but full disclosure these are friends of mine):
Jami Alden
Bella Andre
Allison Brennan
Catherine Coulter
Carol Culver
Victoria Dahl
Tessa Dare
Barbara Freethy
Tracy Grant/Teresa Grant
Anne Hearn
Candice Hern
Christy Reece
Christie Ridgeway
Karen Tabke
Penelope Williamson
Veronica Wolff

Other Scottish Authors:
Julie Garwood (sigh)
Karen Marie Moning
Teresa Medeiros
Kathleen Givens
Lynn Kurland
Kinley MacGregor
Kresley Cole
Terri Brisbin
Margaret Mallory
Paula Quinn
Amanda Scott
Karen Hawkins
Karen Ranney
Terri
Maya Banks (new series coming out at the end of the month)
Veronica Wolff
Julianne MacLean
Sue-Ellen Welfonder
And our very own Laura Hunsaker
Melissa Mayhue
Pamela Clare

Recent Books I've enjoyed:
Just Like Heaven (Julia Quinn)
Unlocked (Courtney Milan) (note: anthology)
Bound by the Heart (Marsha Canham--old but new on kindle)
Any Man of Mine (Rachel Gibson)
Winter Sea (Susanna Kearsley--Scottish alert!)
Angel of Blythe Hall (Darci Hannah--Scottish Alert) (historical fiction)
The Silent Girl (Tess Gerritsen)
Breaking Point (Pamela Clare)

On my kindle TBR soon:
With No Remorse (Cindy Girard)
Can't Hurry Love (Christie Ridgeway)

Who am I missing? Any new romances you've read and want to recommend?