Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sadly, I'm back!

This was the view from our lanai. Is there any wonder that I didn't want to leave? Sigh. We had one of the best vacations ever, but after a week in paradise it's hard to adjust to "real" life. Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I think I put a crimp in that diet total of mine and am hesitant to step back on the scale!

We're all pretty exhausted but are going to rally for the last Stanford home game of the season today (v. Notre Dame). It's a bit of a let down, however, after last week's horrible loss in the big game to Cal. I was glad I wasn't here.

I planned to catch up on my reading while I was gone, but barely managed to crack a book. I did manage, however, to read through book #2, The Hawk, which is about 3/4+ complete. I have a January 1st deadline which means December is going to be crazy.

Make sure to check my website after Dec. 1st--I'll be posting a "sneak peak" excerpt from The Chief.

Also, I just got some fabulous new bookmarks for the new series. If you want one, send me an email with your snail mail addy in the next week or so, and I'll pop one in the mail.

Are you ready for December? Not me, I think it's going to be a crazy month. I have no idea how I'm going to finish a book and get all my shopping done. As always, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to get my parents.