Tuesday, June 17, 2008


An Exciting Week of Sports

So I did something this weekend in between kid activities and father's day that I rarely do anymore--veg out in front of the TV and watch sports. It wasn't so long ago that this wasn't such a rarity. I used to watch quite a bit of golf, football, basketball and occasionally tennis.

You'll notice I left out baseball. That's the one sport that I do watch regularly--we subscribe to the MLB package on Direct TV so most nights I'm watching the Red Sox at dinner. It's nice because when my husband flies back to do TV work for NESN (the Red Sox station), I can watch him.

It's not that I don't like to watch sports anymore, but frankly I just don't have the time to spend a few hours in front of the TV. But this past week/weekend I was caught up in the frenzy. I happened to turn on game 4 of the Celtics/Laker game right before the Celtics started their big comeback. Then it was Tiger. Isn't he amazing? Saturday was one of the most exciting rounds of golf I've ever watched--of course I had to watch Sunday (and part of Monday, too). Stanford (where my husband and I went to school) is also playing the College World Series so we've been watching part of those games. See what I mean?

What about you...do you enjoy watching sports on TV? Any team you follow religiously?