Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Early Copy Alert!

One of the most exciting days in the publication process for me came last week when I opened a manilla envelope to find an early copy of THE RANGER. There's just something about pulling out that first copy and seeing it all bundled up in one beautiful package. I know I say this every time, but I really love this cover. Something about the soft greens and the horseman in the background (abs aren't too bad either, LOL).

Since THE RANGER is coming out right smack in the middle of the holiday break (Tuesday December 28th), I thought it might be fun to do a few special blog contests leading up to the release. So for the next few weeks I'll be posting a new contest at the beginning of the week and then choosing a winner on Friday. The first prize? You guessed it, an early copy of THE RANGER--signed if you want it.

Last night we brought home our Christmas tree, which the kids have pretty much taken over decorating. For my husband's and my first Christmas together, I bought the Reed and Barton annual Christmas bell ornament to mark the occasion. I liked it so much, I bought one the next year and a tradition was born. Some years I delayed a little too long and ended up having to hunt for the darn thing for days, but I've always managed to find one. Last night my daughter pointed out "we have too many bells," and I realized we have TWENTY of them! Wow. Hard to think we've been together that long.

So finding the annual Christmas bell has become one of our family traditions (along with baking Gingerbread Cookies :)). Have you started any new traditions in your family? What was your favorite holiday tradition growing up?

I'll pick a winner on Friday (using random.org) from the comments. Winners will have until Sunday to contact me with their email/snail mail addy. Only one comment will be counted from each person. All other typical rules apply. Can't wait for Arthur to find a good home!