Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Who Do You Write Like?

Want to know which famous writer you write like? Plug in a few paragraphs of your writing here and find out.

I read an article about this fun website in my local paper yesterday and had to try it out. Interestingly, I received pretty consistent results when I plugged in my fiction and nonfiction writing. I tried three different sections from my books and they all came back with Dan Brown. When I plugged in three different sections from my Author's Notes they came back with James Joyce. Apparently the site is the brainchild of a Russian software programmer and is based on word choice rather than style. There are only 50 authors to choose from, so the comparisons are limited. When I plugged in a couple paragraphs of Sir Walter Scott it also came back as James Joyce. Supposedly, it's going to get better as the programmer ads more books, etc.

So who do you write like? Any fun "time suck" website you've come across lately?