Thursday, October 02, 2008


I'm back!

Scotland was amazing--though how could it be anything but? I can't believe how quickly 12 days sped by. I traveled with fellow Scottish Historical Author Veronica Wolff and it really was the trip of a lifetime. We were mostly around Argyll (Campbell and MacGregor country), but also took a ferry to the Isle of Islay which was definitely one of the highlights. In addition to a fabulous local guide (Iain Watson from Doodlebus), we had an amazing run of good luck. Not only did all of our flights take off as scheduled and all of our luggage arrive on board, it stopped raining the day we arrived and didn't rain again until the day we left.

You'll be seeing what amounts to a photo travel journal over the next few months as I took plenty of pictures for my website of all the big places in my upcoming Campbell trilogy, but here is a picture of Veronica and me on Loch Katrine (above) in Trossachs National Park.


Sigh, when can I go back? I better hurry up and write more books so I have an excuse!