Sunday, September 12, 2010

Would you take this job?

Talk about a perfect set-up for a gothic novel! How would you like to live in a lighthouse on a tiny island in the San Francisco bay? I heard about the job posting in our local paper. You would be responsible for running the lighthouse and small inn on the island, as well as ferrying guests back and forth to the island. The pay is good: $60-100k a year, but you also need have a commercial boating license. The good news is that there is electricity and internet. Bad news is that water is dependent on rain. Any takers?

I've always loved lighthouses (and gothic novels), but I think even aside from the job responsibilities this would be too much for me. Although it could be romantic, I think the romance would wear off for me in a couple days and stir craziness would set in.

What about you . . . does this sound like paradise or a nightmare?

And speaking of paradise, in honor of my upcoming trip to Scotland with fellow romance author Veronica Wolff-appropriately dubbed Mommy Abandonment Tour #2--I will be giving away a copy of her latest release DEVIL'S HIGHLANDER. It's the first book in her new Clan MacAlpin series (kind of a Party of Five meets the Highlands--with claymores, LOL) that you guys are going to love. I loved the first book and am already looking forward to book #2. As a travel partner, I deserve an early copy don't you guys think?

I'll pick a winner from the commenters on Friday.