Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Quick Update...

Just in case you haven't checked www.monicamccarty.com in a while, you might want to pop on over and check it out. I might have a little "sneak peek" surprise for those of you waiting for THE HAWK. :)

Today is one of my favorite holidays. Happy Cinco De Mayo! I guess I like to stay true to my heritage since my other favorite holiday is St. Patrick's Day. (My mom is Mexican and my dad is Irish . . . go figure, LOL). Tonight it's margs and carnitas at the McCarty dinner table.

I think I mentioned that I received a slow cooker for Christmas this year, which has become my new best friend. One of the reasons is the amazingly easy and delicious carnitas recipe. It has become a family favorite. I can even threaten my kids with it, "No carnitas for you tonight if you don't . . . "

The full recipe is here, but basically it's a couple of pounds of cut up boneless country style pork ribs, oregano, onion and salt and pepper. That's it.

What's your favorite meal to do in the slow cooker? Any recipes to share?