Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Looking for Something to Read . . .

With the kids back at school (insert Monica doing a jig here), I'm looking to reward myself with a little reading time. Something that has seriously been lacking in the past few months.

I was pretty parsimonious this year at conference, and I've already managed to read through most of the books I picked up. I also did a little book clean out recently. I think my TBR pile is the lowest it's been in years. In part it's because I've started putting aside books that I'm not enjoying. It used to be that I read through the entire book no matter what. But my reading time is so limited nowadays, I've become much more cutthroat.

There are a couple of books I'm really looking forward to at the end of the month (new Lisa Kleypas and Liz Carlyle anyone?), but do you have any recommendations to tide me over until then? How about new authors?

I read historical (of course), suspense, and some contemporary (SEP, Rachel Gibson, Jennie Crusie, Christie Ridgeway... stuff like that). I don't read paranormal usually unless it's time travel.