Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's Day!



Okay, today is actually "The Ides of March," but I'm getting into the spirit a little early.  St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. I'm part Irish which probably explains some of it (I'm also part Mexican and not surprisingly one of my other favorites is Cinco De Mayo), but I guess I'm a sucker for low pressure holidays that center around bars, LOL.

My nine year old daughter has been involved in Irish Dancing for a couple of years, making it an even bigger day in our family because of her shows--there seems to always be a call for Irish Dancers around St. Patrick's day.  I just love it and watch her enviously.  I danced ballet for over ten years, and was pretty bummed when at five she told me flatly that ballet was "boring" and she didn't want to do it, but I got over it quickly.  Compared to Irish Dancing can't say I blame her. :)

I poked around on you tube for a while to find a really fun Michael Flatley clip that includes a little bit of everything: soft shoe, a Michael solo, a duo and the whole troop at the end (isn't their timing is AMAZING).  Hope you enjoy it. :)  

So do you celebrate St. Patrick's day?  Did you dance when you were younger?  

P.S. HIGHLAND WARRIOR is up for the book of the month on a fun romance blog called Jennifer's Random Musings.  You can vote for it in the poll on the right column.