Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HIGHLANDERS AHOY!
I meant to post this last week, but my looming deadline has been working against me. Book #2 of the next trilogy is due at the end of March so--fair warning--I might be a little longer between posts.

About 6 months ago (maybe a little longer) I was introduced to a new author from my local RWA Chapter who would soon be publishing her first book--a Scottish historical. I was so excited, but it kept getting better and better. Her books are set about fifty years after mine, we both were writing about actual historical figures, we are almost exactly the same age (she's five days older--LOL, you didn't think I'd miss pointing THAT out, did you?), we both have two kids, and her name is Veronica (we got the whole "onica" thing working)! Her book hit the stands a couple of weeks ago, so if you are looking for more Scottish check out MASTER OF THE HIGHLANDS. I was fortunate to read an ARC of this book and the next and loved them.

I'm in a Scottish mood lately, I just finished the wonderful Terri Brisbin's latest (SURRENDER TO THE HIGHLANDER) and loved it (I just visited the Orkneys so it was really fun to read a book partially set there) and I'm just about to pick up Janet Chapman's latest.

Any new Highlander books that you recommend?